In-ground pool cleaners are meant to collect dirt and debris from your pool. In-ground pool cleaners function like a vacuum cleaner except that they harness the power of water to suck dirt. The first automatic pool cleaner was invented in 1951 by a South African engineer named Ferdinand Chauvier. His invention was based on the concept of Hydraulics. It doesn’t require chemicals and relies on the pool’s filter to function.
After Chauvier’s invention came the birth of the first commercially available automatic pool cleaner. The Kreepy Krauly was manufactured in 1974 and became an instant success. Today, it remains as one of the strongest brands in the pool cleaning industry. The Kreepy Krauly is trusted by over a million pool owners because of its durability and tough design backed by an unbeatable service warranty of 20 years.
Keeping your pool clean and dirt-free is not only more sanitary. Good maintenance also lets you enjoy the investment of Inground pool cleaners for years to come. Pool cleaning, however, can be such a painful task. It takes the pleasure out of swimming. This is what pool cleaners are for. It cleans your pool with minimal human intervention. Manual cleaning takes time and effort, which is why automatic cleaners have become necessary among pool owners.
With all the in-ground automatic pool cleaners out there, it can be an overwhelming task to pick just one. Each model has different features, making it even more difficult to find one that suits your needs and fits your lifestyle. Most pool supply stores are more than willing to help you pick a cleaner for your pool. Before you drop by, make sure you know your pool’s dimensions. Be prepared to give information on the type of pool filtration as well.
There are four types of inground automatic pool cleaners, but only three of them are commonly used. The least popular return-side driven pool cleaner runs on large volumes of water and needs a dedicated pump to function. Though it can still be found in older pools, it has lost its popularity because of its high maintenance costs. Today’s swimming pools use either a pressure-driven, suction-side driven or robotic pool cleaner.
A pressure-driven pool cleaner runs on the same premise as the return-side cleaner. Its only improvement from its predecessor is that it uses an additional booster pump to provide extra pressure and to increase water flow.
Having two motor pumps can be more energy-consuming but some pool owners attest to its superior efficiency in keeping their pools sediment-free. Its biggest advantages are better water redistribution and a dedicated debris bag.
A suction-side pool cleaner attaches to your pool’s suction ports. It sucks dirt and debris through its underside as it moves across the pool’s bottom. Pool owners recommend it for its easy installation and operation. Robotic pool cleaners, on the other hand, use motion sensors located on its bump bars to navigate the pool’s floor. This signals the cleaner to move to another direction once it hits a wall or other obstacles. These in-ground pool cleaners function independently from your pool’s filtration system making them more effective.
- 1 Best In-Ground Pool Cleaners:
- 1.1 1. Pentair LL505G Kreepy Krauly Legend Inground Pool Cleaner
- 1.2 2. Pentair Kreepy Krauly Prowler 820 Inground Pool Cleaner
- 1.3 3. Zodiac Baracuda G3 W03000 Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner
- 1.4 4. Nu Cobalt NC74 Wall Climber Scrubber Smart Logic Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 1.4.1 Specifications of the Nu Cobalt NC74 Wall Climber Scrubber Smart Logic Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 1.4.2 Features of the Nu Cobalt NC74 Wall Climber Scrubber Smart Logic Robotic Pool Cleaner:
- 1.4.3 Who should buy this Pool Cleaning Robot?
- 1.4.4 Pros and cons of the Nu Cobalt NC74 Wall Climber Scrubber Smart Logic Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 1.4.5 Our conclusion of the Nu Cobalt NC74 Wall Climber Scrubber Smart Logic Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 1.5 5. Zodiac Baracuda Automatic Inground Pool Cleaner
- 1.5.1 Specifications of the Zodiac Baracuda Automatic Inground Pool Cleaner
- 1.5.2 Features of the Zodiac Baracuda Automatic Inground Pool Cleaner
- 1.5.3 Who should buy this Automatic Pool Cleaner?
- 1.5.4 Pros and Cons of the Zodiac Baracuda Automatic Inground Pool Cleaner
- 1.5.5 Our conclusion of the Zodiac Baracuda Automatic Inground Pool Cleaner Review
- 1.6 6. Pentair LL505PMG Kreepy Krauly Platinum Inground Pool Cleaner
- 1.6.1 Specifications of the Pentair LL505PMG Kreepy Krauly Inground Pool Cleaner
- 1.6.2 Features of the Pentair LL505PMG Kreepy Krauly Cleaner
- 1.6.3 Who should buy the Pentair LL505PMG Kreepy Krauly Cleaner?
- 1.6.4 Pros and cons of the Kreepy Krauly Great White Automatic Pool Cleaner
- 1.6.5 Our conclusion of the Pentair LL505PMG Inground Pool Cleaner:
Best In-Ground Pool Cleaners:
The Pentair GW9500 Kreepy Krauly Automatic Pool Cleaner for In-Ground Pools is considered to be one of the most affordable swimming pool cleaning equipment on the market today.
It has an automatic system that is able to efficiently clean every inch of the pool, from sides to the bottom, leaving no trace of any type of dirt or debris imaginable. It is able to clear 15 inches of the path at a time with its bristle drive and oscillating vortex design.
The Pentair GW9500 Kreepy Krauly Great White Automatic Pool Cleaner for In-Ground Pools is the best choice for people who want efficiency and power with a limited budget.
What Are Others Saying?
The Pentair GW9500 Kreepy Krauly Automatic Pool Cleaner for In-Ground Pools is a very popular choice among many people who are looking for swimming pool cleaners. It is very affordable and it performs just as it says and in an excellent manner.
Many of the reviews have commented on the easy assembly and installation. It is an easy breezy task which did not take so much time. Time is precious for everyone and the Pentair Kreepy Krauly Automatic Pool Cleaner does not disappoint as users take it out of the box and install it.
The Pentair GW9500 Kreepy Krauly Automatic In-Ground Pool Cleaner can take on any type of dirt and debris. It is able to pick up the tiniest particles such as sand and dust and even ants, just as one user said in his review.
It really is an outstanding piece of cleaning equipment because of its automated system. It puts the heavy task of cleaning the pool into the hands of the Pentair GW9500 Kreepy Krauly Pool Cleaner for In-Ground Pools and leaves the swimming pool gleaming with crystal clear water and shiny wall and floor.
The Best part about the Pentair Kreepy Krauly Automatic Pool Cleaner is its very affordable price. For many of the users of this swimming pool cleaner, they have decided that this is the one that they will purchase because of the price tag. The price that you will pay will be well worth it because of the great performance that it brings. It is a great tool for cleaning swimming pools that gave very good results at a price that many people can afford which is a great thing to have during very difficult economic times.
We can say that the Pentair Kreepy Krauly Automatic In-Ground Pool Cleaner, overall, is a great cleaner because it does its job excellently. Based on the reviews we have researched we recommend this pool cleaner to anyone who is looking for an excellent automatic pool cleaner at an affordable price.
- For darker colored pools
- Front-wheel drive for maximum traction on inclined surfaces for total pool coverage
- Four wheel design prevents tipping (common with 3 wheel cleaners) for uninterrupted and unattended performance
It gets ridiculous when you have to pay a pool cleaner person to come out once a week and clean your pool. Nowadays it’s hard to find good labor to make sure that your pool stays clean from grime build up. Not only is it hard to find good labor, but it’s also hard to find it for cheap.
With the Pentair LL505PM Kreepy Krauly Legend Pressure Pool Cleaner, you won’t have to stress about the expensive, mediocre service. With the signature micro cleaner, this pool cleaner will leave your pool spotless and grime built up free. Not to mention the money you’ll save kicking your pool cleaner guy to the curb because this automatic pool cleaner is built to last.
Specifications of the Pentair LL505PM
- Features: Hydrodynamic body
- Includes: Treaded wheels, hose
- Weight: 21.9 pounds
- Color: Gray or white
Features of the Pentair LL505PM Kreepy Krauly Legend
- Suitable for cleaning any type of in-ground pools
- It cleans really fast, ensuring you have a clean pool in as little as two hours.
- It has a hydrodynamically designed body that enables it to go through the water with ease.
- It uses a four-wheel design that gives stability and prevents the unit from tipping.
- Additionally, it has wheels that have treads. These treads ensure that your pool cleaner is stable as it cleans, due to the quality traction that it provides.
- Also features superior vacuuming power for a more thorough clean. It is able to remove debris of all sizes, both large and very small leaving your pool spick and span.
- It comes with a very handy brush located on the tail end. This brush effectively scrubs your pool floor to remove algae and other clingy debris easily.
- It has a large throat that can handle twigs and large debris.
- The bag is sizeable and very well designed to trap and keep in all fragment bits.
- This model requires its own booster pump which can be purchased from the manufacturer at a reasonable price. However, the newer model runs without one.
- Comes with a convenient long length of hose.
- It is available in two colors for your choosing: gray or white.
Who should buy the Pentair LL505PM?
This is for those with a pre-installed or pre-purchased booster pump. The manufacturer offers one at a reasonable price. Once installed, the Legend would indeed do a legendary job getting your pool clean within a very short time. Its speed, cleaning technique, and body design are sure to impress anyone.
If your pool is situated next to bushes and trees, then this pool cleaner is definitely what you need. It has an extra wide throat that can handle any leaves and twigs that may (will!) fall into your pool regularly without clogging. It can also handle pebbles with ease.
Pros and cons of the Kreepy Krauly Legend Pool Cleaner
- Efficient wheel system.
- Thorough cleaning action.
- Cleans your Pool very Fast.
- Handles all sorts of debris.
- Navigates through water easily.
- Requires a separately purchased booster pump.
Our Conclusion of the Pentair LL505PM Kreepy Krauly Legend Pressure Pool Cleaner
Kreepy Krauly has done it again, they have successfully created another great pool cleaner and made it better than the last one! The Pentair LL505PM Kreepy Krauly Legend Pressure Pool Cleaner definitely lives up to its name as legendary. The best way to prove a product’s worth is to ask those who use it, and they are lavishing it with nothing but good customer reviews. Get this for a legendary clean pool!
- The newly redesigned creepy krauly prowler 820 robotic in ground pool cleaner provides superior power and cleaning
- Its advanced design scrubs, vacuums and filters, cleaning most pools in just two and a half hours
- Auto-reverse feature helps prevent hang-ups in corners and by steps and ladders for uninterrupted performance
The new Zodiac Baracuda G3 Automatic Pool Cleaner is a type of pool cleaner that uses an Automatic system and that has been designed specifically for ground pools. It connects directly to a something known as a skimmer or to a vacuum line that can be of 1.5 inches. This pool cleaner also comes with a feed hose of 36 feet. It is a very light and compact pool cleaner compared to the others that exist on the market, and it can handle all types of debris, as long as they are not too large. It is also a type of pool cleaner that does not require too much attention, like every 3 hours; it turns and thus, does not get caught in the corners of the pool.
The Zodiac Baracuda G3 Pool Cleaner is a not so expensive pool cleaner that does a great job in ground pools. It can also work in above ground pools, but it is not recommended as it does not last for too long. The Baracuda W03000 G3 Pool Cleaner comes with a bumper that helps the cleaner not get caught in the corners of the pool and thus, it does not require supervision. The parts are not that expensive, so if needed, they can easily be replaced. It is a light and compact product compared to others and it works very well for the low price that it is sold for.
The Zodiac Baracuda G3 may look weird, but the beauty is in the simplicity of it. This type of pool cleaner has a single moving part that sucks all the debris in the pool and if it breaks, it is not so expensive to replace. Anyways, it is regarded as a durable pool cleaner which a great performance level as well. One of the best features of it is the shaking hose through which the debris is sucked. Compared to other pool cleaners, where the hose does not move and stays dirty when the cleaner is taken out of the pool, it can leave a dirty trace there, but the shaking hose of the Baracuda does not allow that to happen. This particular type of pool cleaner can also clean all sorts of other things such as stairs and rarely gets caught in the corners.
- It’s a simple device with a single moving part that is inexpensive and can be easily replaced.
- It has a great design, although a bit weird, yet quite attractive.
- It’s a light product.
- The shaking hose does not leave a dirt trace in the water after the product is taken out of the pool.
- Besides the actual ground pool, this particular model can clean the stairs and all corners.
- It cannot handle large pieces of debris.
So far, the customers that have used this particular type of pool cleaners are pleased with it. The shaking hose is a great feature of it, as it does not leave any kind of trace in the pool after the device is removed from the water. Some of them have expressed the fact that this type of pool cleaner can and most of the time will get stuck in the deep steps of the pool, however, for this particular price, it is a great product.
Due to the fact that it’s so light, the Zodiac Baracuda G3 Automatic Pool Cleaner can often get out of the pool, which is why it requires some type of supervision or at least, some weights to be put on the edges of the pool so it will not come out. The only moving part of the pool cleaner is inexpensive and can be easily replaced, which is another feature the clients loved about it. It is a durable device that does not require too many funds to maintain, easy to carry and with an interesting design overall.
The warranty does not cover a very long period of time, only 1 year, which is one of the cons for this particular pool cleaner. However, the parts that can get damaged after a year of use are not that expensive and can easily be replaced.
This particular model is a very useful one for In-ground pools, and it can definitely do a good job. The low price of the parts is also another plus and the many other features that it has turned it into an affordable, yet good pool cleaner.
- Quiet, powerful suction cleaner; works with low-speed pumps for maximum efficiency.
- Devours small and medium-sized debris and cleans floor, walls and steps of your entire pool.
- FlowKeeper Valve automatically regulates water flow to maintain peak cleaning performance even with lower horsepower pumps.
Don’t you hate when manufacturers make their product look better than they actually perform? They’ll make a product that promises to do everything; they will even try to bribe you with all the little bells and whistles. They lead you to believe that you are getting the best deal ever. It’s only then when you go on to discover that you overpaid for a product that doesn’t perform as well as the advertisement intended. Well, the Nu Cobalt NC74 Wall Climber Scrubber Smart Logic Robotic Pool Cleaner is a no bells and whistles robotic cleaner that is simple, yet very effective. It is bound to simply erase the stress of pool cleaning away.
Specifications of the Nu Cobalt NC74 Wall Climber Scrubber Smart Logic Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Features: Machine washable filter bag, Auto-off, Rapid Drain System
- Weight: 18 pounds
- Dimensions: 17.5 x 15 x 13.2 inches
Features of the Nu Cobalt NC74 Wall Climber Scrubber Smart Logic Robotic Pool Cleaner:
- This Robotic Pool cleaner is well designed and very good looking. It is also very easy to install and get running.
- It is lighter than all other pool cleaners in the robotics category. This makes it very easy to handle and use.
- It is also an Eco-Friendly TM Energy Efficient. It uses energy up to 88% more efficiently than other automatic pool cleaners. Save the environment and save some bills!
- Additionally, when it finishes a cleaning cycle it automatically shuts off.
- This pool cleaner uses an extra-large filtering bag. This allows you to use your pool cleaner for longer periods without having to keep on emptying it. It is also machine washable for easy cleaning.
- Additionally, it has uniquely located intake ports that allow it to clean tight angles, corners, and ridges where dirt usually hides. Get it all!
- Uses a “Rapid Drain System” that releases clean water while still keeping debris trapped in the onboard filter bag. This makes the cleaner very light and easy to remove from the pool.
- It is very versatile. It can gently handle vinyl pools and still effectively clean concrete or fiberglass pools.
- It operates on its own, free from your pool’s filtration system.
- It is very safe to operate- ETL Listed to UL standards.
Who should buy this Pool Cleaning Robot?
This robotic cleaner is for those who want an energy efficient, simple to operate and very effective pool cleaner. Though it doesn’t clean the walls of your pool, it ensures that EVERY part of your pool is reached, including those corners that typical pool cleaners ignore. So if you want simplicity and efficiency, then this is for you!
Pros and cons of the Nu Cobalt NC74 Wall Climber Scrubber Smart Logic Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Easy to use.
- Safe operation.
- Thorough cleaning action.
- Very energy efficient.
- Gets stuck once in a while but still does a great job.
- Doesn’t clean the walls.
Our conclusion of the Nu Cobalt NC74 Wall Climber Scrubber Smart Logic Robotic Pool Cleaner
For what it’s worth, I think that simplicity is under-rated. This robotic cleaner will make your life simple in so many ways, but the best one is that it simply leaves your pool clean! What’s more, its price easily reflects its worth. However, you can get a bargain on it right now if you check it out online. Make cleaning your pool a simple affair, get this great pool cleaner today!
Cleaning pools is a real bore. I know there are some people who make a living doing it, but that doesn’t make it an exciting activity. You either have to spend money hiring them or have to spend time doing it yourself. Either way, it turns out to be expensive in terms of money or time. You need a pool cleaner that both cleans and works to maintain your pool in sparkling condition. The Zodiac Baracuda Automatic Inground Pool Cleaner ensures that it not only makes your pool clean, it also can be adjusted to work slowly so as to maintain it in this way.
Specifications of the Zodiac Baracuda Automatic Inground Pool Cleaner
- Features: Automatic Pool Cleaner, Easy to install
- Includes: 31” hose
- Weight: 26 pounds
- Dimensions: 2.5 x 0.1 x 31.2 inches.
- Color: Blue and White
Features of the Zodiac Baracuda Automatic Inground Pool Cleaner
- It cleans above the ground pools very well. It does both the walls and the bottom of the pool.
- It is very easy to install and doesn’t require tools to have it up and running. What’s more, it has clear and easy to follow instructions for installation.
- It attaches to your pool skimmer very quickly and easily, in no time you have your system set up and going.
- It uses a random pattern to cover the ground of the pool. This is especially useful if you have a random shaped pool.
- The system is large and has a large vinyl cleaning disc (about 2 feet in diameter) that makes cleaning so much more effective and thorough.
- The pool cleaner also has adjustable pressure capabilities, depending on where and how fast you want it to clean your pool.
- It is very easy to use since it requires no supervision while it is working. There are no bags to empty and no gears to un-jam.
- It requires very little maintenance since it has very few moving parts.
- It can function well with 48” and 52” deep pools.
Who should buy this Automatic Pool Cleaner?
This pool cleaner is first and foremost for those with above the ground pools. It also by default requires you to have a working and fully installed skimmer in place. With these two conditions met, you can simply install this great pool cleaner to work on the inside of your pool.
This pool cleaner is also great for those whose pools are oddly shaped and thus would find it inefficient to use a systematic cleaner. It uses a random cleaning action to ensure that all the spots on the pool are clean.
Additionally, if you want a pool cleaner that will not only clean but also maintain cleanliness, this is ideal. It can be set to work slowly so that it constantly maintains your pool in that spick and span state.
Pros and Cons of the Zodiac Baracuda Automatic Inground Pool Cleaner
- Effective cleaning action.
- Easy to assemble and install.
- Very easy to use.
- Very little maintenance needed.
- Durable since it has few working parts.
- The random pattern ensures thorough cleaning.
- Very affordably priced.
- Made using high-quality material.
- No Such Cons are there.
Our conclusion of the Zodiac Baracuda Automatic Inground Pool Cleaner Review
The Zodiac Baracuda Automatic Inground Pool Cleaner is a really handy tool for above-the-ground pool owners. They will find this durable, affordable and effective gem a true asset. Not only does it work well, but it is also very well priced. If you want to keep your pool clean constantly then purchasing this cleaner is the right move. Check out today’s discount online right now for an even better bargain.
- Innovative low-flow design makes it ideal for pools with 2-speed or variable speed pumps
- Cyclonic suction for powerful vacuuming and articulating turbine blade for aggressive wall-climbing
- Swiveling hoses are quick-connect style for easy assembly
The Pentair LL505PMG Kreepy Krauly Platinum Inground Pool Cleaner Great White is a mid-priced automatic pool cleaner. It comes ready to clean inground pools made of vinyl, fiberglass, gunite, and other surfaces. It is very resistant to jamming and can easily handle pebbles, leaves, twigs, and other debris.
Well, the Pentair LL505PMG Kreepy Krauly Platinum Inground Pool Cleaner will make sure such scenes are a thing of the past. It’s easy to install and easy to use. Additionally, you don’t have to do complicated calibrations. Simply effective!
Specifications of the Pentair LL505PMG Kreepy Krauly Inground Pool Cleaner
- Features: Automated cleaning action, Vacuum port door.
- Includes: Flow gauge, Adapter for dedicated cleaner port.
- Weight: 18.8 pounds
- Color: Grey with Black accents.
Features of the Pentair LL505PMG Kreepy Krauly Cleaner
- It works well in all kinds of pools: be it dish, inclined, flat or even hopper bottomed, the Great White will handle it with ease.
- Cleans all kinds of pool linings with equal detail and effectiveness. Whether your pool is made of gunite, vinyl, fiberglass or any other kind of surface this pool cleaner will work effectively.
- It uses the patented Sta-Rite’s technology to ensure a very thorough clean.
- It has a one of a kind bristle drive and an oscillating vortex design. These two work hand in hand to scrub free and brush debris before vacuuming it in. It is very effective.
- It has a 15” cleaning path for detailed cleaning.
- It doesn’t get stuck thanks to its amazing turning mechanism. This mechanism not only helps it to literally get out of a tight spot, but it also enables it to systematically and excellently cover the pool area.
- It vacuums all types of dirt with ease, both fine and large. It is very hard for its vacuum system to get jammed by large-sized debris like twigs and small pebbles.
Who should buy the Pentair LL505PMG Kreepy Krauly Cleaner?
This is ideal for any type of in-ground pool, whatever the shape, design or material, this pool cleaner will handle it for you. It uses a combination of scrubbing and vacuuming to ensure that your pool is spick and span.
This pool cleaner is also ideal for those who like to keep it simple. It doesn’t have any complicated procedures and ceremonies that need to be carried out. It is very simple to set up and run.
Pros and cons of the Kreepy Krauly Great White Automatic Pool Cleaner
- Easy to set up.
- Powerful, efficient and effective cleaning action.
- Easy to maintain.
- Doesn’t get stuck easily.
- Customers have reported that it spends most of its time in the deeper end of the pool, though it also cleans the shallow end too.
Our conclusion of the Pentair LL505PMG Inground Pool Cleaner:
When you think of the phrase “simply effective”, this amazing pool cleaner should come to mind. It should be followed by another phrase, “simply affordable”! Don’t hesitate to take advantage of the ludicrous savings of up to 48% available online today! Get the Great White for a simple, effective and affordable pool cleaning solution. Simply incredible!
- This creepy krauly platinum is simply the most powerful pressure-side cleaner for darker colored pools
- It's the ideal choice for in ground pools exposed to higher loads of leaves and debris
- Dual thrust jets provide maximum power for speed and suction so most pools are cleaned in just 1-3 hours