Why should you go for the Best Above Ground Pool Cleaners? Well, the basic difference between in ground and above ground pool cleaners mainly refers to range and structure. The technology for both types is actually pretty much the same. Pool cleaners that are set up for in-ground pools are made for easy use in submerged pools, and the above-ground models are cheaper and designed to work on the normally smaller area of above ground pools. Don’t cut corners on your above ground pool cleaner, or your cleaning may put too much of a strain on the cleaner, as well as the pool’s filter and pump system. Check your filter and pump system and make sure they are in good shape before you spend money on a pool cleaner.
A suction side pool cleaner uses the suction created by your pool filter to clean your pool. This type is usually the easiest to use and the cheapest to buy. Be careful when using it that you don’t try to suck in larger debris, or it may cause your skimmer to become clogged. You’ll also want to play with some of the different settings to make sure you can clean the entire pool. If you’ll be cleaning more simple dirt and not much debris, the suction side cleaner will work well for you. These models are usually reliable and inexpensive, and an excellent choice for smaller pools.
Pressure-side above ground pool cleaners use water pressure from your return hose on the filter to make a vacuum and then to drive the cleaner around your pool. The hose attachment will allow the cleaner to distribute water that has been filtered back around your pool. It has its own collection bag, too, which will reduce the strain on your main filter system. This will allow that system to have an increased lifetime. Be sure you empty the bag on the pressure-side cleaner frequently, and it should be able to handle any pool debris. You may need a booster pump if your regular pump doesn’t give it enough pressure.
The dirt that collects on the bottom and sides of your pool will need to be manually removed with a brush. Push the debris toward the main drain, in an effort to increase the vacuuming convenience. This will assist your above ground pool cleaner to keep your pool sparkling clean. The floor and walls of your pool should be brushed down the night before you plan to vacuum, to allow the dirt to settle so it’s easier to pick up. The filters will pick up some of the debris, and the rest will settle at the bottom, ready to be vacuumed up.
An above ground pool cleaner may use one of several various types of filters, which help to remove oil and dirt from the pool. These filters do gather a lot of dirt and should be cleaned out on a regular basis. Clean the main filter as recommended in your owner’s manual for the main filter system. The circulation system of your pool includes the drains, filter, skimmer, pump strainers and ground pump. This system helps the cleaning system to do its job properly, so make sure that it is cleaned often, and that it is working properly. Turn on the pump every day, to make sure it’s working properly, and use your best above ground pool cleaners to keep the pool clean and inviting.
Our 5 Picked Above Ground Pool Cleaners to Consider:
Dolphin is an automatic robotic pool cleaner that is the most recommended and fastest mode of cleaning swimming pools. This model is particularly ideal for in-ground residential pools, hence can cater to small and medium-sized pools with a maximum of 50 feet of length.
It can clean the floor, walls and the coves of the pools instantly without any manual interference and efforts.
Dolphin Nautilus pool cleaners are quite compact and hence very easy to handle and can be carried in and out of the pool. It is inbuilt with washable cartridge filter and swivel cable that avoids the usual tangling of its wire and hence increases its life.
- It has the speedy performance of 3 hours in which it scrubs the surfaces and filters the water to make it free from all the debris.
- Its size and structure makes it lightweight to carry and hence appropriate for frequent usage
- All the filters and pumps are built inside the device that prevents connection and installations of external pool device
- Very affordable amongst the robotic pool cleaners
- It is only applicable to small or medium pools for residential purposes and not for commercial purposes in public places, where pool cleaning is frequent.
- Maytronics - Pool
- Lawn & Patio
Baracuda G3 is amongst the strong and powerful but quiet automatic pool cleaner operating by implementing the suction methodology. It is capable of cleaning all sorts of waste inside the pool water, floor and walls of the pool like dust particles, pebbles, twigs, and leaves, etc.
It works at its best optimum efficiency when working with low-speed pumps and is able to regulate the water flow due to FlowKeeper Valve to maintain the consistency of its cleaning performance with pumps of different horsepowers.
All the parts used in this pool cleaners support its smooth, consistent and continuous operations without any hassle, irrespective of the amount of waste, shapes, and sizes of pools, etc.
- Its use of “one – moving – part – technology” simplifies its operations and frees the user from the complicated gears, wheels or flappers.
- Due to its low maintenance and ability to adjust with a different horsepower of pumps, it offers a cost-effective operation
- Long life hoses make cleaning quiet, smooth and scuff free always
- Cheaper but has strength and power to clear loads of debris
- It requires frequent maintenance of pumps and the filters.
- It might not be very effective in cleaning floating waste entities.
- Quiet, powerful suction cleaner; works with low-speed pumps for maximum efficiency.
- Devours small and medium-sized debris and cleans floor, walls and steps of your entire pool.
- FlowKeeper Valve automatically regulates water flow to maintain peak cleaning performance even with lower horsepower pumps.
Hayward Navigator Pro 925ADC is another suction pool cleaner, but with a stark difference of being equipped with exclusive AquaPilot technology, making its process and operations exceedingly smooth, streamlined and focused. This is because Hayward Navigator is pre-programmed with a series of movements in left and right directions depending upon every shape of the pool to enable accurate cleaning procedure leaving no marks and traces of debris at any corner of the pool.
If you have an existing filtration system established for your pool, then this is the best available pool cleaner that connects swiftly to your skimmer and suction port to begin the process.
- Complete coverage of the pool for cleaning due to AquaPilot technology with crystal clear cleaning results.
- With an established filtration system, there is no other device required for cleaning when you are switching to this particular pool cleaner device.
- Due to Hayward Navigator Pro’s usage of turbine technology, it operates noise-free.
- No additional expense for booster pumps to increase pressure and vacuum on the debris.
- The additional technology makes it priced a little higher.
- Requires maintenance of internal parts of the pool cleaner on a regular basis to avoid device and performance damage.
Cumbersome and traditional time-consuming processes of cleaning pools are done away with today’s suction, pressure, and robotic pool cleaners offering different class of features suitable for variant purposes.
The highly demanded and best pool cleaners are the automatic pool cleaners as they are fast and do not require a human mind and physical efforts to use them.
- Over 30 years of proven and reliable suction cleaner technology
- Unmatched pool coverage with SmartDrive steering
- Enhanced suction path designed for efficient, faster debris pickup
Polaris Vac-Sweep 380 works on the pressure methodology where it needs an external pump to put extra pressure on the water directing its debris to the prefixed filter for its easy collection. It is equipped with 31-feet of feed hose and a 1.5-inch pressure cleaner line that can readily be connected to the device. It can be used on all kinds of ground pools.
Polaris Vac-Sweep 380 comes with two jets that enhance the vacuum power thereby speeding up the cleaning process which is less than 3 hours. The rugged and tough design and structure allow consistent performance on all kinds of surfaces.
- The refining or filtration process is optimized and efficient as it includes extra pressure and vacuum by the booster pump that forces even huge and heavy debris towards the filter.
- Enhances the life of the filtration system by directing all the huge debris to its own filter before it can reach the filter of the pump.
- Requires an additional device i.e. pressure pump other than the external filtration system of the pool
- Requires manual efforts in connecting the different systems to this pool cleaner device
- Polaris Vac-Sweep 380 cleans the water but is not quite efficient in scrubbing.
- Powered by triple jets providing greater vacuum power and faster cleaning
- Works in all in-ground pools of any size and shape. TailSweep PRO Compatible
- Sweeps, scrubs and vacuums the bottom and walls of your pool
Aquabot Breeze IQ Pool Rover is a completely automatic robotic pool cleaner offered with floating cable of 40-feet and fine reusable filter bag with built-in 2-micron. It needs to be powered by pump motor of 24-volt and has 2 hours shut down timer for power saving if not in use. Along with the reduction in chemical and energy cost, it offers assurance in terms of one year warranty too.
It is applicable on all sizes and shapes of pools and also the fastest with cleaning speed of less than an hour and extremely easy operation methodology. This model is also equipped with a power supply transformer for efficient power usage and long life.
- It is fastest due to its cleaning time of maximum one hour and also due to its adaptability to any shapes of pools that prevents it from getting stuck on any corners.
- Saves energy and cost due to shut down timer
- Zero manual focus and efforts required
- It cleans the huge and fine particles of debris with the same consistency
- The pumps and filters inside the cleaner require frequent and adequate maintenance, else it can damage the performance level of the device.
- It is priced higher as compared to suction and pressure pool cleaners.
- Energy saving, rapid cleaning robotic pool cleaner for residential in ground pools
- Comes equipped with a vibrating brush at the bottom of the unit
- Cleans inclines, walls, and waterlines